I wish maybe I had done the template assignment first. Because I'm really not %100 on my fonts, rubric, or grid, but I tried to work those out on the fly. I'm too sick to do more, so I'm putting this up to make myself go to bed. Here goes:
With the philosophy that every part may be her big chance, Ann makes a valiant effort to learn to roller-skate to get a part in a soft-drink (called Twinkie) commercial.
1 comment:
hope you're feeling better...
you're right about the type problems... i would spend a bit more time on choosing the perfect type for folio, by line, text type, subhead
the text type font you chose looks a bit too condensed. it's not inviting to the reader.
while you chose a playful drop cap, you've aligned the text next to it in a way that draws too much attention to the "boxy" negative white space.
the folio is a bit too bold, draws too much unnecessary attention.
the handwriting font in the bubble, art directors are very particular about using handwritten fonts. they always feel that if you're going to go for the "raw" look, why not write it yourself? it's easy to tell that you used a font because all the a's and e's look the same
on another note, i like the illustrations and the quirky stuff going on in the background.
Post a Comment